Evol

Its who we are, what we do and how we live. That is what Evol is

Thursday, January 05, 2006

Mensa a misunderstood bunch?

We people like to be in bunches we do like carrots at the store. Bloggers are bunches, women have bunches, bunches for race, bunches for religion, bunches for sports, bunches for illness, bunches for men...oh wait no that's not right we can't do that men are not allowed bunches without first checking with the women of now just inn case they want to do what the men want to do which they don't they just don't want the men to do it.... anyway...Mensa is a bunch.

There really really smart and God bless each and everyone. But why the bunch, why do we need to be in bunches. Why does someone need a little card saying there in a bunch with other people just like them. Why in the world do you need a card saying that your in a bunch with smart people...is it cause no one would believe it otherwise? Don't get me wrong I am not bitter I really don't care if you want a bunch I just wonder why. And women, I'm a chic so why do I need to be in a group with you so I can talk about things we all already know? I am not dis'ing women's groups I am in one that is for talking open and honest to help with struggles and I will admit that it is easier with other females I don't have to be as careful. But we do not bitch about everyone else it more about fixing problems with us. I have no desire to be in a bunch with women who point at everything else as the problem. Do we need those to keep our eyes off us?

At Mensa meetings are they allowed to talk about problems or would they be seen as not "bright " enough to solve it so they stay silent? Are bloggers really being who they are or is a blog a place like so many others that you create your mask and stay in the lines?

I worry you see Zeke and I have wonderful daughters 2 of who succumbed to what they thought they were suppose to be. Our oldest (adopted) struggled in much pain to be in the "normal" bunch thank God she is just starting to grasp she does not have to be in a bunch.
Our middle (adopted) makes choices on other people's wants I hope the tides changing for her cause I love her but because of the lessons taught by bio parents she may or not ever be free.
Our youngest (the old fashion way) pushed against every "bunch" that is out there and you know what she gets for just trying to be real, she gets to be alone, misunderstood and has to fight for her own self worth because she does not have a bunch telling her she is ok. Is that what a bunch really is? Does Mensa say to its members "we love you because your smart" Does that mean that the ones who aren't smart feel rejected. Let me answer that ..NO

Frankly however there are some who do. So I am starting a new bunch. Its a bunch about just being whoever you are all the time! I mean it. Remember though that in anything real there will be other real bunches poking at you but that's ok cause nothing ever happens from a false place worth anything.
So if you a right wing card member of the malitia Jesus freak like me come on in
if your God hating can't stand Christians and wanna kill them all come on in Vampires welcome
Witches welcome
Pagans welcome
Women welcome
Jews welcome
Gay welcome
Straight welcome
Bi welcome
Musical Welcome
Men welcome
Be who you are..cause frankly I am so tired of myself

Love is a good thing..do it

6 Comments:

At 12:16 PM, Blogger Zeke said...

Love is\Love is\Love is\Love is\Love is a good thing...

And I looooove you, woman.

 
At 1:13 PM, Blogger Mrs Zeke said...

Hi baby, I was gonna hide but Steve and Josh made me come out of hiding. I hope they don't take me to serious.

There is no man on earth that compares to you I am so blessed I can hardly stand it. Thank you for loving me and being you.

 
At 6:23 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

For crying out loud, get a room. I had a comment, but it looked like you two were going to start making out, and I lost my train of thought.

Um...oh yeah, reading about your youngest made me think of my bunch. When I was young, I was desperate to be in everyone else's bunch. It took a long time to learn that the only way I was going to be happy was to first learn to be my own bunch all by my self. Once I came to terms with that, I found I had so much more to give to the other bunches. My bunch now includes most everyone I know.

Anyway, I'm happy to be in your bunch.

...you're ARE making out, aren't you? You didn't hear a word I said. [sigh]

 
At 8:38 PM, Blogger Mrs Zeke said...

Dorsey the sad thing is it would be so much easier if she took the bunch path. Poor thing, but God love her she has always cared more about what God wanted then anyone else. What that means in this world though is a lonely young life since even kids in church often don't have that kind of desire for God's will while being a teenager.


and Zeke Dorsey has a good idea lets get a room!

Dorsey I am so honored your in the bunch

 
At 9:29 PM, Blogger Zeke said...

Dorse, my wife and I are in different states. But yeah, the room thing sounds great.

 
At 3:14 PM, Blogger Mrs Zeke said...

Aww Sharon...I know how you feel. Maybe if we would have gotten our two girls when they were younger we could have made a difference. We did not get them until they were well into being teenagers.

But what would I say to them though? "hey do what this one does so you can be alone too, not go to movies because you find the ones your "friends pick offensive, not gossip cause you think its wrong"...oh boy fun Saturday nights ahead for you.

Its a shame what we do to are young girls. We and I mean we as a collective let them know they are not good enough just being them. lip gloss, hair styles, the right clothes...etc etc etc. Its no wonder we grow them up and they run around trying to fit in somewhere that will tell them there ok.
When they don't then there left like our youngest alone, cause she won't compromise and the lesson she has learned. Stay true to what you think is who you are and you get to be left alone..how sad

Go and be you, you have value and you are loved just as you are.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home