Evol

Its who we are, what we do and how we live. That is what Evol is

Friday, January 06, 2006

What will be in my podcast

For now it will be a recording of my live music show. I might have ones where I talk for a while but I tend to get bored with me so maybe not. So my commentary is what you would be stuck with for now.

A bit of history
I started a station on live365 a few years ago cause I got tired of hearing really great music not played on the FM dial. This got bigger then artist sent request to be played, people requesting music, people requesting show idea's on and on. I then started writing music reviews for an online music mag called 1340mag. I don't do that anymore because my life got so busy with personal matters I could not keep up. Same with the station it got bigger then I was ready for and soon I had other stations contacting me to ask to play show sections on there station. I just got overwhelmed.

Then live365 went the route that us old punk rockers hate..and brought the record labels in. That was fine they were giving us free music and such but the promotions changed and stations that played more label stuff got bumped up. That is my opinion only and could be wrong but it is what I saw. Further they started to have server issues that affected the live shows and stream. I paid the fee's but it was not working.

So I went pirate and I have a email list for my old listeners from live365 and they tune in. There are limited slots cause I can only upload to so many in a stream. These are mostly people who used to tune in. They refer some people that they know and we have to do a draw to see who gets to listen live. So I decided since so many have to miss it to podcast it. I will upload to a server that you if you want can download. It will be password protected but you can get the password from me using this addy
realmask316@yahoo.com. I will tell you here what is in a podcast so you don't waste your time.
Sometimes its music, sometimes there are artist interviews ...really it is open
I will find another host home for my station someday but for now it is how it is.

Go commit some act of intense kindness

4 Comments:

At 9:33 PM, Blogger Zeke said...

You rebel. I love it.

 
At 10:03 PM, Blogger Mrs Zeke said...

Zeke I miss you tons!

 
At 4:18 PM, Blogger Grampa Dan said...

Dear Mr&Mrs Zeke
Gee I wish you lived in my area I'd like to meet you both.

dan

 
At 5:13 PM, Blogger Mrs Zeke said...

Dan you mean to tell me there is land outside the California border? I thought after Cali you just fell off into a big black hole...the new things I learn everyday *poke poke*

Thank you it would be nice, I would really like to hear how the electric guitar sounds that you built.
Maybe if you play you could upload somewhere and tell me. Hearing new music is one of the most beautiful things on this earth.

Take Care and go do something kind

 

Post a Comment

<< Home