Evol

Its who we are, what we do and how we live. That is what Evol is

Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Go and buy Indie music

Go here http://surfacinglove.blogspot.com/ and buy a CD.
Here is the deal it's 7 bucks shipping included and you might like it. If you don't fine then you give it to someone else and they might like it. Think about it this way you could be getting a gift for yourself that you may enjoy for years for 7 bucks.....
You could be getting a gift for someone else that they will enjoy for years for 7 bucks

In supporting indie music you poke at the labels thought that they know you want more Brittany and so forth...well do you? ...really?

Come on all you old punk rockers who tried to rage against the machine you can do it again, re-capture your youth stick it to the man!

:) serious buy it

Your loved deal with it

Let me add this to the above

Here http://pingetcetera.blogspot.com/ bug Matthew to make or sell his bands music
Here http://ninjanun.blogspot.com/ Ninjanun has a cd find out how to buy it bug her
Here http://www.fincity.net/fincity_home.html These guys are great buy there CD it is not your "normal" rock CD so taste vary

I could list hundreds no joke so check those out and don't make me get all punk rock speechy on the evils of the riaa, freedom to play, and why pay to play killed the radio star.



8 Comments:

At 6:42 AM, Blogger Pecheur said...

Thanks for stopping by.

My wife is a somewhat an indie fan. When we were dating we got into this discussion about music and she was surprised that I had heard of some of her bands (although they did have a label, it was an up and coming one).

Go Indie fans.

 
At 7:56 AM, Blogger Ninjanun said...

Thanks for the plug! My band's name is From Here To There, and our website is www.fhtt.net. You can buy the CD through cdbaby at www.cdbaby.com/cd/fromheretothere, or song-by-song on iTunes (not sure why you can't buy the whole album at once there, but oh well).

 
At 8:44 AM, Blogger Mrs Zeke said...

Hi pecheur I am glad I found your blog and am excited to read more. Label's are not bad and not all bands with huge record sales are bad. There is little integrity anymore in radio airplay. DJ' are not DJ's anymore there live advertisements that's why internet radio is doing so well. Artist used to sit down with DJ's who found there music and talk about there music it was not a schedule made by the label to promote. There was something so pure about a DJ honestly liking someone and then inviting them on a show.

Hi ninjanun, I knew that I just did not remember it when I posted. I have some other idea's for you btw.. I just need to think them out a bit more then I'll mail you.

Your loved and its good.

 
At 8:54 AM, Blogger Jada's Gigi said...

You and my son should talk...he's all in to the "evils of the riaa, freedom to play, and why pay to play killed the radio star" LOL an dcan talk for hours about "the business"

 
At 9:43 AM, Blogger Mrs Zeke said...

OH I so will talk to him ..I am trying to get things set up on my station to get ninjanun and some others on and get there stuff to other internet DJ's...

I still need to find another host though I don't want people to have to sign up to listen which is what my problem was with live365. Right now I am pirate living dangerous :P

If I cap how many are listing to only a handful the RIAA does not care. I package it for download for the rest but the duel ways of the RIAA show through.

If Sam tunes into my live stream they don't care, if Sam and 30 of his friends tune in they care, If Sam is at home and 50 of his friend are all listening they care...what difference is it?

Further when I had a host and was "free" to do as I please it was a joke part of the agreement for internet DJ's is you can not play any more then 3 songs from any single CD..so if I wanted to promote a new CD I could not unless the artist owned the rights to there OWN music and then I would have to submit the permission to get permission....grrrr!
Also if I wanted to play 3 songs 2 songs could be together but the 3rd song had to be at least 3 hours later.
They only allow internet host to sign up for legal RIAA radio play if that host requires people to sign up. Its stupid since I paid for my ascap and riaa rights I should be able to play what I want when I want.

Further labels listen to internet radio like you can not believe they know who to go after by how often an indie or small label band is played and the user review. Then they sign this great indie band and put out there next CD encoded so internet DJ's have to spend hours formatting anything to play on air of course while we are paying to play it on the air. geez..ok this is turning into a post so Ill stop...for now

Love now tomorrow is not promised to anyone

 
At 7:12 AM, Blogger Pecheur said...

You made me smile!! Thanks

 
At 7:30 AM, Blogger Mrs Zeke said...

pecheur are you smiling with me or at me ?...:P

Love is cool

 
At 11:14 AM, Blogger Kenny-Po said...

Yes, thanks for the plug!!!

JAke!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home